We are still waiting for our county to open our rental, for now but we are taking these steps recommended by Airbnb.
Based on CDC recommendations, we advise limiting access to your space—including for cleaning—during the 24 hours immediately after each guest’s stay. In addition, hosts partnering in our Frontline Stays program are required to wait 72 hours between reservations to provide ample time to properly clean and disinfect all areas accessible to the guest, due to a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure.
Following the cleaning guidelines suggested by Airbnb.
Follow these cleaning guidelines
Here are some guidelines to follow when cleaning your space between guests. If you work with a cleaning professional, instruct them to use this list, too.1. Wear disposable gear while you clean. Personal protective items like gloves, gowns, and face masks or cloth facial coverings can provide additional protection. Make sure to throw gloves out after each cleaning and then immediately wash your hands.
2. Ventilate rooms before you clean. Allow fresh air to circulate for at least 20 minutes. If possible, leave all windows open during the entire cleaning process.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning. Use soap and water, and wash for at least 20 seconds. If that’s not possible, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Learn more about proper hand washing
4. Clean, then disinfect. Use detergent or soap and water to remove dirt, grease, dust, and germs. Once the surface is clean, spray with a disinfectant. Let it stand for a few minutes, then wipe—and if you’re not using paper towels or disposable wipes, it’s best to use a new cleaning cloth for each guest.
5. Avoid touching your face while cleaning. To prevent the spread of germs, the CDC recommends not touching your face, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands—so pay extra attention when cleaning.
6. Use the right disinfectant. Most common household disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as cleaning solutions with diluted household bleach or at least 70% alcohol, are believed to be effective against the coronavirus. Pay special attention to frequently touched surfaces, like light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles. (See our full list of surfaces to disinfect at the bottom of the page.)
7. Don’t forget about sofas, rugs, drapes, and other soft, porous surfaces. Carefully remove any visible dirt or grime, then clean with the appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces. If possible, machine-wash items according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Wash all linens at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer. That includes bed sheets, mattress covers, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets. Remember to wear gloves when handling dirty laundry, and take care to avoid shaking laundry, which could increase the spread of germs.
9. Clean and disinfect laundry baskets and hampers. If possible, consider using a liner that is either disposable or that you can throw into the washing machine.
10. Empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning. You should wipe down the vacuum cleaner with disinfectant, along with appliances like your dishwasher and washing machine.
11. While restocking your supplies, take a moment to check expiration dates. And remember to never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleaning solution that can release toxic gases that are dangerous to inhale.
12. Line trash cans. Placing bags into trash bins will make it easier to dispose of tissues and other waste.
13. Dispose of or wash your cleaning supplies. If you’re using paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and other disposable cleaning supplies, take the trash out after you’re done. If you’re using cleaning cloths and other reusable products, make sure to machine-wash them at the highest heat setting appropriate for the material.
14. Safely remove any cleaning gear. When you’re done cleaning, immediately remove any protective outerwear like gowns, gloves, or masks, and dispose of them or wash accordingly. Remember to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds afterwards.
Airbnb Recommends you bring these items:
Antibacterial hand sanitizer
Disposable gloves and wipes
Airbnb Recommends we supply these items: